Tuesday, November 10, 2009

The Missing sailor

08 May 2009


Friday!!! Yes please. Love Fridays once we are sailing I am going to change the calendar to only have Friday, Saturday and Sundays. In fact every day will be Sunday, and when we need to party we will make it Friday, when we need to shop it will become Saturday. Definitely no Mondays! Anyway this week had no public holidays and was the first full week of work we have had to endure for about a month now. Hope to go sailing this afternoon. First we have a function at work for three of our employees that have been with the company for 10 years, so we are going to hand out long service awards this afternoon.

Last weekend we only managed to sail on Friday, public holiday, we took my sister and Warren with on their first sail. Warren enjoyed it but my sister nearly went overboard when a strong gust heeled the yacht over and she wasn’t holding on at the time. One hand for the yacht and one for yourself isn’t that what they say. Anyway we came home on Friday night but apparently a yacht went missing over the weekend skipper and all. I hope to find out more this weekend but have very little info at this time.

12 May 2009

Well so much for sailing this weekend, once you have kids everything changes. The plans you make are no longer your plans but are now guided by factors out of your control. Rauen had plans which in turn changed all my plans. Read in the citizen newspaper yesterday that they found the skippers body near Manten marina, but not too much detail yet and no real info. This weekend coming I am going with Amy to Pretoria to check out the varsity that she will be attending next year, open day. So as you can see my plans are not my plans, but it will be good to spend some quality time with my daughter so I am not complaining. Last night we went to Lola’s graduation ceremony at UNISA. I suppose she is now a qualified accountant. I am very proud of her. This one lecturer made a speech that nobody could understand, not even himself I think. Must be really tough to be this guy’s wife if he has one, unless she is Greek because he speaks a sort of English that only Greeks can understand.

19 May 2009

Weekend came and went, very eventful weekend. Went to Jason and Tammy on Friday night, almost got arrested for car theft in Jason’s new company car, some sort of problem with the number plates that were incorrect. I told Jason to let them take the car but he insisted that they can not, I understand why because the last car of mine that was taken to the police pound came back without wheels and a sound system. The previous one even came back without a petrol tank and only half the dashboard. The police always say “it came in like that” but I was present when the one was driven away by the police, and personally drove the other one and handed it in to them. When you try to take action against them and open a case the docket mysteriously disappears. On Saturday morning at twenty to five my alarm at home activated and when I went to investigate I found that someone had broken open my gate. The alarm must have chased them away because there was nobody in sight, however they had poisoned my dog and she had died so I am not impressed.

This morning they poisoned my neighbour’s dog and stole his wheels and sound system out of his car in his garage. I suppose we will now have to upgrade our alarm system again, we tend to upgrade every time an attempt is made and lucky for me we are in the security industry so we get the upgrades at cost, still expensive though.

25 May 2009

What a good weekend, on the water, been a while, it was great. Didn’t get to do much actual sailing but just spend time with Lola practising to park, whew she gets agro when things don’t go her way, but I managed to survive this and afterwards actually found it quite amusing, but not so much at the time. Found out a bit more about the sailor that went missing and actually remember seeing him go out on the Friday whilst we were on our way in, I still thought to myself that I must be a bit of a wimpy sailor because it was getting quiet rough on the water when we came back in and he was on his way out on a small open boat not much bigger than a dingy.

What I enjoy the most about being on the water is the feeling that your body has when you get off, the earth moves all the time especially when you are in confined spaces like the shower and it takes a few days to wear off, very inexpensive or shall we say bonus side effect like using some sort of drug without having to use any.

No comments:

Post a Comment