Monday, January 25, 2010

Back to the grind stone

Almost half way through January, time flies, faster and faster as you get older. So far this month I have managed to keep my attitude positive and haven’t been disappointed in myself, ….yet. Lola and I are busy planning to go and do our coastal skippers licence down in Langebaan in the cape. We found a sailing school in the monthly magazine that offers the training on a Wildcat 35, which will solve at least two questions for us. One the wildcat, being our yacht of choice to purchase, and two, sailing on the ocean on a catamaran, how does it compare to a monohull. This is going to be a lot of fun and I am looking forward to it. We are trying to book for end March beginning April which will allow some time for work to settle into the new year, and I should be just about ready for a holiday by that time.

18 Jan. 10

It has begun already the month is not even over yet, in fact, it is just past halfway and already I have to polygraph my operations manager because one of the employees has accused him of stealing their final pay. The joys of Africa, never ending. The polygraph will be done on Wednesday so lets wait and see before we go jumping to conclusions.

25 Jan. 10

Wow what a surprise he failed the polygraph test and owned up during his hearing held this morning, now why not come clean in the first place and save me the time and money wasted. I quite liked the guy which makes me feel a bit down and disappointed, but life will go on. In a way it works out better for me when I eventually rid myself of this beast of burden it becomes one less thing to worry about.

No comments:

Post a Comment