Thursday, April 8, 2010

Politics

8th April 2010

I don’t really like to speak politics being a white male in South Africa I don’t really have a right to any opinion because my ancestors had some really bad ideas and thus I will be punished for this. The Bible even tells you that you will be punished for the sins of your grandfather, or is it great grandfather. Anyway I was really proud to be a South African in the new South Africa and had great hopes that this country was going to work together and succeed. Now however at the moment things appear to be turning south faster and faster. Political statements like shoot the boer leaves me with what choice, I may not be a boer or am I. What seems to be the definition of this boer, do I fall into the boer category and how long must I wait to find out. Do I wait till they arrive at my door in large numbers to kill the boer and then try to convince them that I am an English speaking South African, will this make me not a boer. Am I now faced with the dilemma of having to choose a side and what choice do I really have? I would have to choose the white side because my skin colour is white and where does this leave me?


Every white person that I speak to has the same dilemma as I do, well okay not every white, I do know one or two white people that have never quite accepted the new South Africa and are still living in the past, I cannot help these people, nobody can. The problem at the moment being that the uncertain future will make everybody choose sides and is creating a massive rift in the country between black and white.

What about my wife and kids? I feel extremely unsafe at the moment and see no future for my kids in this country. I watch the news and see the panic on Helen Zille’s face after the murder of Terreblanche, and I think to myself, if she is panicking what does she know that I don’t? Do I go and join the ranks of the AWB because even though I have always disagreed with them and their narrow minded policies, they may be the only protection against the government and the impending war that seems to be about to begin? The history of Africa shows us just how bad Africans can behave with mass genocide being the order of the day throughout the African continent. So why would South Africa be any different?

No comments:

Post a Comment