Thursday, August 5, 2010

05 Aug. 10

04 Aug. 10

Found a site on the web today of a family sailing, or shall I say planning to sail around the world. They flew down from Canada to Mexico about two years ago and bought a boat there. According to one of the video interviews that they made they were planning a three year trip. They are still in Mexico. I hope this doesn’t happen to us.

Its 12 o’clock now, two hours to go until we leave the house to fetch the kids at school and take the 7 hour journey down to the boat. Rauen is bringing a friend with that has never seen the ocean before and is very excited. You never know how lucky you are until you meet others that aren’t quite as lucky, this kid is 13 years old and hasn’t had the good fortune to see the ocean before.

I don’t really do much exercise and as the years are starting to catch up on me my body has started to show the neglect. Whenever I think about exercise the thought of going to gym pops up and in my head and I can see images of pure suffering. Hours spent running or riding a bicycle but not getting anywhere. I like it when exercise doesn’t feel like it is being done on purpose, like walking to the beach with my kids and kicking a soccer ball around or having a swim. I haven’t been able to do much of this yet but hope to find some exercise routines that aren’t routines that will reverse the effects that the past has left behind in the not to distant future.

No comments:

Post a Comment