Wednesday, August 1, 2012

The Kids visit

05 Jul. 12


Our decision to come back to Richards bay has been hounding my mind. I feel a bit disappointed that we didn’t just continue on down the coast. Sitting here waiting for summer has made me restless and Lola and I have discussed the option of not going on this trip more than once. We discussed our future and thought about different ideas to make money or restart our careers down here. Having to much idle time hasn’t helped and the doubts have festered in our minds. Doubts as to whether or not we should continue, and doubts as to what we would do once we get to New Zealand. What if we cannot get work there or they don’t accept our application for permanent residency. I believe once winter is over and we have the option to go again that we will leave but the waiting isn’t good for our morale.

Amy and Dean arrived yesterday afternoon after their long drive down from Joeys and will be staying for about a week or so. So now we have all our kids on board. We have a few interesting events planned for the time that they are here and hope they enjoy their visit as much as we will enjoy seeing them. When they left in January I thought I would never see them again and was quite distraught. Since then I have managed to see all of them twice already so feel a bit foolish about being so upset when they left. I struggle with goodbyes especially when it pertains to my kids. When the time comes for them to leave this time, I hope to cope a bit better.

11 Jul. 12

Wednesday again and my time with the kids is running out faster and faster. Last night we loaned a pot and made a delicious potjie so the night just flew by in a blur. This morning we took the dingy and macski down to the foreshore but the south westerly wind was cold and blew the fun out of the beech. This afternoon we will just stay onboard and watch some movies. Sometimes I think it is better to just sit in the cockpit in silence so that we become bored. That way the time will slow down and even though it isn’t any fun, it will last longer. I woke up at four thirty this morning and woke Keagan, instantly I informed him he has to come and sit outside with me and wait for the sun to wake up and show its face. Even though it was quite cold I am still glad we did it. Now I still have to steal some time with Amy somehow. I just wish they could stay longer.



16 Jul. 12

And just like that, they were gone. The kids left on Sunday morning at about seven and I even managed to say goodbye without suffering a complete breakdown this time. Goodbyes are never easy and we have spent the last two days just moping about on the boat without any real direction. The last three weeks just flew by leaving a lot of happy memories to carry us through till the next time we get together.



No comments:

Post a Comment