Saturday, July 10, 2010

Our First Boat visitors

6 July 2010

Quite some time has passed since the last time I’ve written, not that I have been too busy because I haven’t, but my routine has been turned upside down this month. Firstly the Fifa soccer world cup is busy being played here in South Africa, therefore the normal school holidays were changed to suit the soccer. This worked perfectly into my favour and we decided to take a really long holiday on the boat. However because we have just bought the boat we had lots of visitors down to come and see and give their individual stamp of approval so to say. Our first visitors, Jason, Tammy, and kids arrived the day after we got here, so little had been done before they arrived. First we took them out into the harbour and then I asked if they wanted to do a harbour tour or go into the ocean for a sail.


The answer was obvious and I believe that both Tammy and Jason are now sold on sailing and are possibly going to see us on occasion somewhere around the globe once we manage to get going, if not sell up everything they own and buy their own boat. The evening was ended with a braai at the club house and after twisting Jason’s arm for about a micro second they decided that they would sleep over on the boat and head back to there holiday destination of St Lucia in the morning.

The morning came with the obvious bad luck and headache that always follows an evening of over indulgence. I believe that it is the Lord’s way of trying to make me behave with dignity instead, but I am sadly a very slow learner and seem to make the same mistakes all the time. So whilst attempting to climb off the boat I felt something slip out of my hands and watched in absolute horror as my car keys slowly sank into the depths. Jason attempted a dive rescue but after a few attempts came up empty handed. So now we were stranded without road transport.

No comments:

Post a Comment