Saturday, July 10, 2010

Lists of repairs

10 July 2010

We took them on a day sail out of the harbour and I had to fetch Lindie from the fore deck, where Warren had left her, because she started to panic and couldn’t get back to the cockpit. Rauen of course fell asleep during the journey and slept so soundly that he didn’t know we had left the harbour.

The closest I've ever been to my sister!

We started to look around the boat in order to know where everything is, the more I look the more I see, sounds pretty obvious really. Every time I open a bilge or look at a fitting or open a window I find more things that need to be fixed. The list of repairs is going to become so long that it may take three lifetimes to get the boat ready, so I decided that some of the repairs will have to be done on route, and only the most necessary will be done before we depart. Lola made a great list of all the “necessities”.

I had a dream last night that someone had broken into my house and when I woke up this morning I told Lola about my dream and then I noticed, on my cellphone, that during the night my house alarm had gone off numerous times, so who knows. Perhaps it is because tomorrow our holiday comes to an end and we have to go back and row with the other slaves, or do I have a mental telepathy bond with my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment